cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung SGH-E330

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an old Samsung SGH-E330 phone round about 2004 on O2 PAYG.

I have lots of photos on it and some are irreplaceable.

I need to upload them onto my pc as I am getting a new phone. YAY!!!  Mexican Wave

The problem is, although I have a usb data cable, I don't have any software to enable me to do this. I have contacted Samsung but no joy. I've trawled around the internet.

I'm not computer or mobile phone savvy. I know only a fraction of what my phone can do after all these years.

Can anyone Help me. P-L-E-A-S-E? 

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Unless your PC will see the phone as a drive when you connect it, I can't think of any way of getting them off the phone.
They will only be really tiny pics though and not much use for viewing on anything with a bigger screen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I think the best way would be to email them to yourself as attachments. You should be able to add 6 or more to each email.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Is that even possible on that phone?
I had one years ago but probably before I had much use for email slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Not sure to be honest but the PC should see it as a drive as you suggested in which case they can be dragged and dropped or copied. My late wife had an old Samsung and we used PC Studio which should still do the job.

http://samsung-pc-studio.en.lo4d.com

Message 5 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you had any success recovering your photos from your old Samsung handset? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly I have't. I really don't know what else to do not being pc or mobile savvy. I've asked around I've installed several suggestions but nothing and did install pc studio but nothing happened with that either. I so want to get the photos off this phone so I can begin looking for a new one.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Try taking it to your local market stall or mobile repair shop and see if they can get them off and put them on a USB stick for you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's a good call @MI5 the smaller shops can be very resourceful with things like this. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9