Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Topics: 763

Re: Samsung S8 Oreo update

Which is why it should only be done if you know what you are doing.

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

That is correct. However I beileve me flashing the official build has not tripped knox as it still says 0.

Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,781

As long as you flash an equal or higher build level it won't trip.
Downgrading will though, so there's no going back to Nougat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 5: Ponderer

do we have any further update on when we might get oreo?

I could try doing the manual flash but dont really want to risk it if its getting close

Not seen any recent updates from @Chris_K ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Anonymous

I won't encourage you to do the manual flash even though it's easy. I have experience as I use to root android phones since froyo.

If your not confident. I would suggest waiting for O2. It shouldn't be too long now. However I don't think oreo is released in the UK yet? No firmware originating from UK suggests this.
Level 1: Joiner

I am a software developer which inevitably involves software testing, in my professional opinion it would be very difficult to try and justify the delay experienced by customers already. Could you confirm when testing commenced and how many people are involved in O2's testing?

I fail to see how O2's infrastructure would considerably differ from a direct competitor's infrastructure, especially in a way that would result in such lengthy delays.

Perhaps EE prioritised the roll out more highly and made adequate resources available in order to undertake said testing?

We're all customers here so can't answer you and all you'll get is the company line from o2.

Currently using:
Level 1: Joiner

I find this whole wait a bit ridiculous and quite frankly unnecessary. I know people don't have the answer as to when we will be getting the update but I just don't understand why it's taking O2 so long to test an update that it's been tested so many times before. I'm pretty sure there won't be much changes to the update in regards to different networks so they really do need to get their act together and release the update. People who have unlock phones have had the update for at least 4 weeks now and we still don't even have a possible release date. Can one of the O2 representatives on this site provide us with some update info please?
Level 5: Ponderer

I have installed the latest version of Odin.

Can anyone point me to where i get the files to do the flash?