Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Oreo update

CraigR
Level 4: Observant
  • 42 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oreo update is now being rolled out in Germany, Poland and India.

Does O2 have a release date yet?

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Which is why it should only be done if you know what you are doing.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 271

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct. However I beileve me flashing the official build has not tripped knox as it still says 0.

Message 32 of 271

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As long as you flash an equal or higher build level it won't trip.
Downgrading will though, so there's no going back to Nougat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 271

gjdemon6646
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

do we have any further update on when we might get oreo?

I could try doing the manual flash but dont really want to risk it if its getting close

Message 34 of 271

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not seen any recent updates from @Chris_K ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 271

Anonymous
Not applicable
I won't encourage you to do the manual flash even though it's easy. I have experience as I use to root android phones since froyo.

If your not confident. I would suggest waiting for O2. It shouldn't be too long now. However I don't think oreo is released in the UK yet? No firmware originating from UK suggests this.
Message 36 of 271

DavidAR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am a software developer which inevitably involves software testing, in my professional opinion it would be very difficult to try and justify the delay experienced by customers already. Could you confirm when testing commenced and how many people are involved in O2's testing?

I fail to see how O2's infrastructure would considerably differ from a direct competitor's infrastructure, especially in a way that would result in such lengthy delays.

Perhaps EE prioritised the roll out more highly and made adequate resources available in order to undertake said testing?
Message 37 of 271

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We're all customers here so can't answer you and all you'll get is the company line from o2.

Currently using:
Message 38 of 271

Chrisamy89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I find this whole wait a bit ridiculous and quite frankly unnecessary. I know people don't have the answer as to when we will be getting the update but I just don't understand why it's taking O2 so long to test an update that it's been tested so many times before. I'm pretty sure there won't be much changes to the update in regards to different networks so they really do need to get their act together and release the update. People who have unlock phones have had the update for at least 4 weeks now and we still don't even have a possible release date. Can one of the O2 representatives on this site provide us with some update info please?
Message 39 of 271

gjdemon6646
  • 191 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have installed the latest version of Odin.

Can anyone point me to where i get the files to do the flash?

Message 40 of 271