cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 taking most of the day to charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had my S4 back in September 2014. Started having problems with battery expansion in March 2015, contacted samsung (I had a faulty battery) battery was replaced all was well. This last week I've noticed the battery is taking forever to charge. If someone could please suggest some ideas (hopefully I've added something I shouldn't?), I don't think it's the battery again, could it be the wall charger? Any info gratefully received TIA

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124125 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

If you dont think it could be the battery again....have you tried another charger?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 37

MI5
  • 146696 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Have you updated to Lollipop yet?
If not, you should do as Kit Kat did have an issue with slow charging.
Alternatively, when you put it on charge, put it on Airplane Mode and see if it charges faster - this would then indicate that some app was keeping the processor running too much.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I would be inclined to try airplane mode too and if no success, definitely try another charger.
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bulging battery perhaps?
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I've checked the actual battery and it's not bulging. Put phone in aeroplane mode and it made no difference, tried a different charger and it's still charging at 1 per cent every 10 mins. How do I check which operating system the phone is using. Thanks
Message 6 of 37

MI5
  • 146696 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Settings >About Device
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks M15 did that but doesn't say whether it's lollipop or kit kat, says it's got no more updates to do?
Message 8 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Android version .....
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Viridis it's 5.0.1
Message 10 of 37