Did you mean: 

Device help needed Samsung S20 5g

Jessie-lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello 

My 2 year old Samsung has  decided today not to charge. It would only recognise 1 charger when at 15% but would only stay on charge for about a minute. I have tried it in different sockets and also the same charger in different devices. My phone is now completely dead and will not charge. I would be very grateful for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jessie-lee 

You could try carefully cleaning the charge port with a cotton bud or cocktail stick to see if there is any fluff in there. Some switch cleaner may also help if you have it.

Otherwise, I would seek help from Samsung.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Jessie-lee 

Try a different charger and a different cable to start with, as this will rule out the charger and cable

If still no joy then contact Samsung Support direct they will be able to support better, than o2.. although I will warn you if the phone is out of warranty then it may be chargable

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jessie-lee Contact details for Samsung here: Product Help & Support | Samsung UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Let the community know how you get on, @Jessie-lee! A few potential solutions above.

Good luck with it 😊.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 5 of 5