cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 - Failed to update firmware

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting this error:

Failed to update firmware due to network or server problem. Try software update via settings > software update > update, or try using PC kies later.

Any ideas?

(I am without my USB cable for a few days)

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You either need USB cable and connect to Kies on a PC or use a wifi connection for OTA updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You either need USB cable and connect to Kies on a PC or use a wifi connection for OTA updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is that? Others do over the air?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Yes, but on wifi only, not cell data. Its a 300mb update.....
Message 4 of 8

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

300MB is a hefty update. Is this the Samsung default or the O2 customised version of the update?

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Only on release by O2 currently. Sim free version not rolled out by Samsung yet. O2 remove the OTA 3G option from their FW....
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on wifi and on a samsung galaxy O2 branded phone
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Server must be busy then I guess with the other 20 million people trying to download it....
Message 8 of 8