cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wifi.- wont wifi?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello everyone,

I just got the above, and ive spent two days trying to connect to my O2 wireless box, ive done all the setup/reset stuff with the box, and it works fine plugged into bigboy computer. I think ive got wireless turned on, but on the samsung wifi is on, but will not connect to the O2 box.

Ive tried changing all the channels on the box from no1 to no 13, but to no avail, the samsung comes back with "O2 found - connecting - obtaining ip address - cant connect" it does this on all channels, then it goes off searching again, and this goes on for as long as i allow it. Ive even tried entering info manually, but nogo.

Am i missing something, ive read both the samsung manual, and the help pages on O2, till im cross eyed, and i believe im doing as per those.

please can anybody HELP??? thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
On your Tab go into settings >wifi and long press on the O2 wireless connection. When the box pops up press "Forget" then try scanning and connecting again. Make sure you put in the correct password (case sensitive / o & 0 etc).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
On your Tab go into settings >wifi and long press on the O2 wireless connection. When the box pops up press "Forget" then try scanning and connecting again. Make sure you put in the correct password (case sensitive / o & 0 etc).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

hiya MI5,

ok, tried that, it would seem that it has secured a connection, but nothing on the tab reconiz0es the fact, all p/words are correct, still "cannot connect to server" it would seem that the tab and box are connected, but thats as far as it goes? no internet or mail, nothing that requires internet will connect.

bit of head scratching going on here, or could the tab be faulty, only had it two days, so out of the box "broken" would seem unlikely, but it has been known.

thankyou very much.

bigaitch.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
I'd take a trip out and try to connect to a different wifi signal, say Tesco (if you have a clubcard) or McDonalds if you have an O2 phone account etc.... Just to rule out any issues with the Tab
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

hiya,

it would seem that it is something to do with WEP/WPA ?, the samsung tab 2 10.1 doesnt work on WEP, so onto WPA thingy and it connected just like that, but, is their any security issues in using WPA as against WEP.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
WPA is more secure than WEP....
Message 6 of 6