Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop silent mode

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I installed lollipop last night on my S5 and can someone tell me where the heckers my silent mode has gone?! If anyone can advise how to make my phone silent but still night light notifications it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Helen 🙂

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been discussed on this other thread today:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/S5-Rollback-to-4-4-x-KitKat/td-p/85019...

There is a link in there that appears to offer a way to do it. Might be worth a look.

Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144714 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Instructions here for flashing with Odin but you risk your warranty now you have a Knox kernel http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 28

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Following on from this discussion last week i seem to have found a solution (that works for me at least) i just turn my phone to vibrate but in the settings i turn the vibration and any noise notification to zero, that way i still get the flashing light when i have a new message/email/whatsapp message but no noise, just like teh old silent version!

Helen 🙂

Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you've found a solution that works. Shame Samsung couldn't have made it slightly simpler though!

Message 24 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, it's still very frustrating, it blows my mind that they've made a change that seemingly benefits no one!

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
If u go into setting and change ur vibration intensity right down it won't vibrate but u will still have led lights. Hope this helps.
Message 26 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123157 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If u go into setting and change ur vibration intensity right down it won't vibrate but u will still have led lights. Hope this helps.

Yes ...Hellynewman posted something similar a few posts back. This is what they said....(post 23)

Following on from this discussion last week i seem to have found a solution (that works for me at least) i just turn my phone to vibrate but in the settings i turn the vibration and any noise notification to zero, that way i still get the flashing light when i have a new message/email/whatsapp message but no noise, just like teh old silent version!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

With the feedback they have had I'm sure the mute option will be reintroduced in one of the next updates.

Message 28 of 28