Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop silent mode

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I installed lollipop last night on my S5 and can someone tell me where the heckers my silent mode has gone?! If anyone can advise how to make my phone silent but still night light notifications it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Helen 🙂

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Sadly the mute button has gone and as said, the only option now is the notification choice or putting into flight mode at night.. It's a shame that such a simple function has been removed.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @hellynewman 

I haven't got Lollipop but did find this article about silent mode. I hope it helps..

https://gigaom.com/2014/11/17/silent-vibrate-do-not-disturb-android-priority-notifications/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think others have complained about the 'silent mode' on the S5 update. I think this is a Samsung thing though, and how they have integrated it into their user interface.

@hellynewman what exactly do you want it to do in silent mode in terms of notifications? I mean do you want it to vibrate, to only alert you to wake-up alarms, alert you to certain notifications etc? There are ways to get lollipop to do it on my Nexus 5, so if you tell me what you need i might be able to help...

Message 3 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Phill,

Thanls for the reply! Basically, i would like a silent mode whereby there is no noise or vilbration whatsoever unless i set an alarm) but i would still like LED notifications to tell me when i have a message or missed call. Basically i sit in an open plan office with my phone on my desk so don't want any sound but want an alert when something comes through!

Helen

Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my Nexus 5 when i adjust the volume up or down fromt he home screen, underneath the volume bar I get the choice to set notifications to 'None' 'Priority' or 'All'. Do you get that?

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_2015-02-12-09-23-19~2.jpg

Message 6 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes...most of that relating to Priority is included in the link I provided..... it gives you three choices of how to set it ...to allow through what you specifically want

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has not been deployed in Samsungs release of Lollipop on the S5

Message 8 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No i don't get that Phill, i just get the volume bar and a button to go to my settings. There i can choose intruputions to set to 'always interupt' 'only allow priority' or 'do not interrupt'!
Message 9 of 28

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Sadly the mute button has gone and as said, the only option now is the notification choice or putting into flight mode at night.. It's a shame that such a simple function has been removed.

Message 10 of 28