cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 and Android 4.3 Problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with the latest update to my S3 and was wondering if I was in a minority or whether anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

This update seems to have knocked my phone back to the stone age, my phone now burns though battery power at a fair rate of knots an worse, will not connect to my home WiFi, reporting that the "connection is unstable" or the "signal strength is poor" when I have a tablet lying next to it telling me that the signal strength is "Very Strong".

Surely I cant be the only one having this trouble? Does anyone know if there are any updates to this update due out soon?

Thanks in adavance,

David.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do, still trying to make a backup file using Samsung Kies, the process is proving to be time consuming and unreliable, can't progress beyond syncing e-mail account info as the "device has stopped responding". I'll keep plugging away at it.
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Don't worry too much about email as long as you know your user name and password it's very simple to reinstall. If you use gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc all your emails will be on the server and pulled back in automatically.
If that's all the back up is failing on just un tick the email option and move on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks mate, this is exactly what I will do I think. I've run out of time right now though as I have to go to work. Something I have noted though is that at some time over the past 12 hours, the WiFi has started working again! At this time though I still don't know about the battery consumption, I'll keep the thread updated.

Thanks again,

David.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a further update, been compairing the phone's performance today with that of yesterdays and I have to say it has markedly improved - I absolutly cannot account for this change!

The battery drain is nowhere near as severe as it has been these past few days and I now seem able to connect to my home WiFi. I am not aware of any update being applied to the phone nor did I get as far as restoring the factory settings, which had been my intended course of action. The only other thing I did notice when the phone was acting up was poor playback of audio tracks (playback would be punctuated by gaps). At this time I have not verified if this also has "sorted itself out", I regard this though as a relatively minor issue and one that I could live with for the time being as I find that the phone is performing otherwise satisfactorily.

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning @Anonymous

Fingers crossed for you.

Take care.
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I did to the hard reset which cured my internet connection, but now I keep getting messages saying my internet connection is unstable.
For information I also downloaded Kies 3 which seems a lot faster and easier to use.
Message 16 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
WiFi Unstable is a bug in the firmware when connecting to certain types of routers. It does not effect the connection in anyway and may only pop up occasionally. Just ignore it until kitkat is rolled out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
Message 18 of 18