cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A5 2015 strength issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody else been sold a Samsung A5 2017 on the pretence that it has some sort of new strong glass that has been through rigorouse testing. My new Samsung fell out of my pocket whilst I was sat down in a resturaunt (slippery litle things they are) and instantly shattered and cracked, this was less than 24 hours of owning the phone (O2 are unable to help), ive had the phone 2 weeks now and there are cracks all over the back on all edges from everyday wear and tear. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Send it to Samsung who will be able to repair it 

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/%20

Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Although I expect sending it to Samsung will cost you.....their warranty rarely covers smashed screens etc, if dropped...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smashed screens always cost but I'd rather send it off the manufacturer rather than the company O2 use

Message 4 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Check home insurance for personal content cover and some bank accounts give you mobile insurance as part of the package. 

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only reason I bought it was because of the "robust" new features and its water resistance. I was duped and hoped o2 would do something based on that. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 I can retrieve the phone call that will show the conversation and the fantastic selling skills from the o2 guru but will it even get me anywhere. I really didnt want tio be out of pocket for my loyalty o2's lies...........................Samsung it is for repair and a lesson learned. 

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I may hve to, I am just so caught up on the nonsense I was sold and will now be out of pocket a lot more than what I can afford

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep.................its a shame that they can lie. As long as they get their sales though.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have insurance with my bank, I think I can only claim once in 12 months, so I have 4 months to go before I can claim again. 

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have insurance with my bank, I think I can only claim once in 12 months, so I have 4 months to go before I can claim again. 

Well you best give Samsung a call then @Anonymous At least they could give you a price. When you ring them you my want to tell them that your understanding was the phone was robust enough to withstand cracked screens etc...It may do you no good at all...but if you don't ask...you wont get. They 'may' reduce the repair price for you at least....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14