cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S pen no longer working - desperate help needed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a problem with my phone getting clunky feeling for a while now, and now my S pen suddenly stopped working, I use it to draw so I'm really desperate for it to work again!
When I pull the pen out the phone, air command works.
All the settings are on for the pen but when I touch the pen to the phone, nothing nothing works nothings transferring, cannot use it at all.

I did what people suggested, a factory reset.
It did nothing, and now I'm sitting here with a factory reset phone, feeling defeated.
It IS an old phone, and I've had it a year now. I'm not due for an upgrade and cannot afford to buy a new phone, and it's out of warranty.
I don't know what to do?
I have tried the test to see if the pen works with the *#0#* whatever it is thing I saw on Youtube, nothing!

I have even bought 2 new pens in case this was the issue, nothing. I'm literally crying. 

I know to get this repaired by o2 it will cost me so much because how old the phone is, I really need help. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93269 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Thanks for confirming @Anonymous

Have you checked that the SPen has been recently updated?

Go into settings/all apps and try uninstalling any updates which will then reload the SPen with the factory version.

Message 11 of 28

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
So which note do you have?
There are no issues with the Note 4 like you describe?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 124218 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The warrenty is already gone, ages ago. 

So I didn't void anything. 

So pleased I didn't misread that about the warranty then @Anonymous

Just checking now if you tried that other recommended fix I linked to? ie.. turn phone off, remove battery, hold the power button down for a few minutes, reinsert the battery and reboot the phone. It certainly worked for a couple of folk on the android forums...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 124218 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Anyway I see our Android experts are helping now... so I will leave it to them. Hope it gets sorted. Best of luck @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 28

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

We need accurate info first.
The 2 posts made contradict each other and we don't know which phone it is either?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 124218 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
We need accuratebinfo first.
The 2 posts made contradict each other and we don't know which phone it is either?

I agree. I called you in initially and was just saying I would leave it to you and @jonsie . Not point me putting in any more info......it may confuse the issue further...(no idea what to advise next anyway...other than Samsung which I did ages ago)...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 28

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Quite so.
Message 17 of 28

jonsie
  • 93269 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Guessing until confirmed.
Message 19 of 28

jonsie
  • 93269 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 20 of 28