Did you mean: 

SIM stopped working after pairing iPhone 12 with Apple Watch 6

Elia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 0 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all!

I have an iPhone 12, and I have received as a gift an Apple Watch series 6 (Cellular). 

When pairing my watch with my phone, I also tried to include in my Monthly plan with o2 the £5 to use my apple watch without having my phone with me. Well, from that moment my SIM card in my iPhone stopped working. No network at all, I am not able to make/receive calls, write/send SMS and use mobile data.

I spoke with different o2 operators via the live chat: we tried to swap my number using a new SIM card, but nothing seem to work. I put another sim in my phone and it seems to work. I put my o2 SIM in another device and it doesn't work, so the issue seems to be with the SIM. 

I am desperate, I haven't been able to use my phone in a week and we don't seem to find where the issue is.

Only thing I noticed is that in Myo2 account the device registered is not my current iPhone 12, but it is my old iPhone 6s, with therefore an old IMEI. Do you think this is the issue? 

Also to add: I am not able to make any changes to my account by myself, as for any changes I need to use verification codes sent to my number, which I cannot see because I cannot receive any texts!

Has anyone had similar issues? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Elia 

I'll ask 

@O2Lisa to see if she can help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all smiling

Thanks for the tag @MI5, I'll message you privately @Elia and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4