cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S pen no longer working - desperate help needed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a problem with my phone getting clunky feeling for a while now, and now my S pen suddenly stopped working, I use it to draw so I'm really desperate for it to work again!
When I pull the pen out the phone, air command works.
All the settings are on for the pen but when I touch the pen to the phone, nothing nothing works nothings transferring, cannot use it at all.

I did what people suggested, a factory reset.
It did nothing, and now I'm sitting here with a factory reset phone, feeling defeated.
It IS an old phone, and I've had it a year now. I'm not due for an upgrade and cannot afford to buy a new phone, and it's out of warranty.
I don't know what to do?
I have tried the test to see if the pen works with the *#0#* whatever it is thing I saw on Youtube, nothing!

I have even bought 2 new pens in case this was the issue, nothing. I'm literally crying. 

I know to get this repaired by o2 it will cost me so much because how old the phone is, I really need help. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124153 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I have a Note 3 and my pen works fine. I have been onto the AndroidCentral forums and there are a few fixes (you have tried two of them)

One poster said he found the sensor for the SPen had worked loose...he fixed this himself by taking the backplate off and plugging the sensor back in...

Another fix was by shutting down the phone, removing the battery holding the power button down for a few minutes, reinserting the battery and rebooting the phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/371676-s-pen-not-working-all-note-3-a.html

If none of this works then I would contact Samsung UK directly...not O2..contact details here...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

PHONE SUPPORT

0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864)

Monday to Saturday | 9am to 6pm

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

trying to unscrew the backplate of my phone to get to the sensor, but the screws I swear they are glued in, I got a few out but the rest won't, so I don't know what else to do. 

Message 3 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 124153 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous If you are unable to get the backplate off yourself then don't even try.. you could make things worse if you break one of the screws. Did you try the other far easier option of removing the battery for a few minutes etc?  I know you say this is an old phone...but if its less than 2 years old it will still be under warranty.....Either way, your best option, if the battery removal and phone reboot doesn't work.. is to contact Samsung directly. We do have a Samsung expert on the forum @MI5 .....he may be able to offer further advice if he is online later....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 28

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@Anonymous A one year old phone is not an old phone, unless you're one of those people who have to have the latest and greatest. You have a two year warranty, so you should, as @Cleoriff has suggested, contact Samsung directly and either get some technical help from them, or send the phone in for repair. The only problem I can foresee is that if they see that you have tried to remove the screws, that may have voided your warranty. You should tell them you tried unsuccessfully to remove the screws, and that may help, as they will probably be able to tell that you didn't tamper with the innards. In any event, contacting Samsung is your best course of action.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 28

MI5
  • 146773 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
You should not have messed withbot yourself when you still had warranty.
Youbmay have voided it now so either o2 or Samsung may ask you to pay for what would have been a free repair.
I would certainly approach Samsung and keep your fingers crossed that they will still help you now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 124153 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I read the ops statement it was 'out of warranty and it was an old phone'. (albeit she also said she only had it for a year)

I posted the information directly from the AndroidCentral forum with the link  to that fix included. My advice was given in good faith... so if it was wrong I can only apologise

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 28

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I understood from reading that the phone was over the two year warranty period and indeed an 'old' phone but rereading the OP states she is not due an upgrade so that would seem to contradict though she seems to accept that there would be a charge. Personally I would make the call to Samsung if indeed the phone is in warranty but I think this may well be an 'acquired' phone to use an existing contract sim.

Perhaps @Anonymous can come back and confirm

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

The warrenty is already gone, ages ago. 

So I didn't void anything. 

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am due an upgrade, but I didn't want to get the upgrade yet due to hearing problems the next gen was currently having, so I was waiting for the next next note to come out. 

I know this sounds all a mess, but I'm going to have to upgrade anyway, ride out the newest notes mess and just get a new phone.

The warrenty is gone on the phone I currently have.

Message 10 of 28