cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 update released OTA...But what does it change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So as per the subject, I've just recently installed an OTA update on my Galaxy S5.  Has anyone else recieved this, too?

I'm about to send my S5 back to Samsung for repair of many problems, and I wanted to double check if any of the issues were addressed in this update.

Googling the exact build number "LRX21T.G900FXXS1BPCI" returns no results at all! Googling the Baseband version "G900FXXU1BOK5" just brings up an article about Galaxy S5 updating to Lollipop, which happened a long time ago!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's the stagefright fix http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/572645-galaxy-s5-gets-s6-smart-manager-stagefrigh...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Look up the changelist on sammobile to see what it addressed but usually they are just security updates or small bug fixes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

What size was the update? It's possible a security patch depending on the size of it.

@MI5 is the man to answer this.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Biggsy,

Like the other posters have mentioned it is a security update. Samsung now send out regualr security updates ever since the ooh ahh over the stagefright malarkey. I received the March update last week.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

I found it here:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/68403/G900FXXS1BPCI_G900FO2U1BOJ1_O2U/

it does display a changelist number, but there seems to be no way of viewing said change list.  It was indeed a small download though (around 20mb), and I've confirmed that the issues i've been having with the phone are still occuring after the update, so thanks again!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's the stagefright fix http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/572645-galaxy-s5-gets-s6-smart-manager-stagefrigh...

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7