Did you mean: 

Roaming outside the UK

CristinaZappa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I am currently in Italy with my daughter. We arrived on the 28th of May. Today it's the 1st of June and I am still unable to use any network, unless I am connected to the wifi. 

I own a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and my roaming settings are all turned on correctly, including the mobile data.

On the 29th I contacted O2 asking for help to solve this issue and I was told that someone from their Tech department would contact me within 24h to solve the issue, because according to them everything should be working properly. 

It has been now 3 days, no one got in touch with me.

I am travelling with a small child and I need my phone to work properly, nonetheless I pay £60 a month for a service that I am not getting. Any tips?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Contact O2 again directly, either via Social Media (links just below this post) or via any number you can call from Italy in this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support - ask them to remove the Roaming Bar that is probably in place on your account.

Here's a checklist of the other things to do, which it sounds like you have done:

1 - Reboot phone.
2 - Manually search for a different network
3 - If using an iPhone, change data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
4 - Check with O2 for any roaming bars.

5. Step down to 4G or 3G to latch onto a carrier, then step back up.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @CristinaZappa 

Some things to try:

1. Manually search for another network
  2. Reboot the phone
  3. If you have an iPhone change your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
  4. Try toggling Airplane mode on/off (it often helps kickstart things)
  5. If still not working then contact O2 to remove the Roaming bar on your account

If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

CristinaZappa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, 

thank you for getting back to me.  

I have a samsung galaxy s21 ultra and tried all the above, but no joy.

I have even contacted o2 but they have been the most unhelpful bunch, they said it should work and there aren't bars on my account... I honestly don't know what else to do.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@CristinaZappa 

It could be the local networks that are having issues, and at this point their is nothing o2 can do about this. 

If o2 have said their are no bars on your account, then roaming is enabled. 

If you have skype on a laptop or phone then  call o2 on 0800 902 0217 and see if they can see anything  ( Guide: A Guide to Skype ) 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5