cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old phone number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to port my old phone number to my new 02 phone. 

Online I have passed step 1 and am now on Step 2 which requires an online security password... the Tip tells me this is not the password for the website. But, I have not been told in advance of PAC process to set up a security password for online support. Why not?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
When you set up your O2 account you were asked to set up a security word, usually either your mothers maiden name or name of first school etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
When you set up your O2 account you were asked to set up a security word, usually either your mothers maiden name or name of first school etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Actually if you go to Manage your details in your MyO2 you can view your security word in there https://accounts.o2.co.uk/manage

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Actually if you go to Manage your details in your MyO2 you can view your security word in there https://accounts.o2.co.uk/manage

@MI5I was really interested in that link you posted...so off I went to check my own...

I couldn't do it. The only option I got was this

Security.PNG

When I clicked on 'change my security question'...it didn't show me the old one...just gave me the option to change. (which is a way round the problem I expect? Just change it??)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Must be another improvement then, but yes, it fixes the problem anyway.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the problem is that the wording is ambiguous:

"Enter the following characters from your security password:"

Like the OP I was confused by this and thought there was a separate security password that I hadn't received yet. It would be much clearer if phased as:

"Enter the following characters from the answer to your security question:"

Message 7 of 12

morganalefey
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much The Kevinator.  I do find a lot of these messages ambiguous - I tend to take things very literally, and am superannuated.  Anyway, I seem to be cooking with gas now.  Thanks again!

Message 8 of 12

morganalefey
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks!
Message 9 of 12

morganalefey
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your help. Problem is solved now!
Message 10 of 12