Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone permantly locked

tarren2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a phone locked to Vodafone, VSmart10, I requested a NUC to enable me to sign up with O2. However, the NUC that they provided did not work and my phone is permanently locked into Vodafone who are  totally unable to assist me in any way.

They provided me with a link, which turned out to be an Alcatel repair centre, who referred me back to Vodafone. The upshot is that I am now locked in to Vodahell, does anyone know a way this phone can be unlocked?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They will need to do it with software and a cable to overwrite the partition tables.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tarren2 

The only suggestion I have is your local market stall or independent mobile repair shop.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wished I'd done that to start with. The problem I have is that being hard locked the usual NUC will not work,.

Thanks for reply.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They will need to do it with software and a cable to overwrite the partition tables.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah, that's good, there's hope yet then. Thank's for your help, much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5