cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo update for HTC U11?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any news on when the Oreo update for HTC U11 phones will be made available to O2 customers?

K

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Great news, the Oreo update for the HTC U11 is now live. If you're looking for it, the software version is 2.33.206.9 and it's a 1.39GB update so I'd recommend you update via a strong wifi connection.

Let us know how you get on, if you like the update, if you encounter any issues or anything slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Chris_K ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 31

galijanach
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am on O2 too but my handset is a factory unlocked unit purchased from the carphonewarehouse and still no update. I know the OREO update has been released in Taiwan and the US in November so not sure why HTC are holding off pushing the update to the rest of the world.

Message 3 of 31

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

Regarding Oreo for the HTC U11 - it's currently undergoing testing and approval processes on our end but there's no ETA available I can provide. As soon as there's more info or ETA, i'll let you know.

Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently purchased an unlocked HTC U11 which is running on Android 8.0.  

I wasn't aware that not all U11s were on this.  In a  recent Techradar article I found it says "HTC's 2017 flagship, the HTC U11, now has Android Oreo, if your phone is unlocked". 

Message 6 of 31

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Unlocked (Open Market) U11's should have update version 2.33.401.10 showing available to them - this is the Oreo update. The O2 version is still undergoing some testing, but we hope it'll be available soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

Message 7 of 31

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Really hating the Oreo update. The quick settings menu is white now confused ..emojis are awful.. notifications are awful ..did I mention it's awful!? *Sigh* rolling_eyes

giphy-3
Message 8 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Cairdeas

Long time, no see m'lady. wink

So... I gather from your comment above...you think the Oreo update is awful Smiley Very Happy

That's a real shame. Will you get used to it's awfulness do you think? run gif.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 31

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff wink Nope.. I'm hoping that 8.1 will bring some more options , but not holding my breath. At this point it's very iphonish .. And that will just not do! upside_down x

giphy-3
Message 10 of 31