cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo update for HTC U11?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any news on when the Oreo update for HTC U11 phones will be made available to O2 customers?

K

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeaswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
I have used the HTC u11 with 8.0 and although some bits have changed for the worse, other things are awesome, aggressive battery saving in background, smoother in many aspects, and not that iPhoney ish, just smoother, and better.
Just saying, give it a chance, and check out all the subtle changes which have made a massive difference.

I really wish I could agree with you..but..my battery life is terrible now, and a few settings which are now default and unchangeable..making me hate my phone probably for the first time ever! x

Time for a new one then @Cairdeas? joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 31

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'm on it @Cleoriff smile  decisions! yum x

giphy-3
Message 22 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeaswrote:

I'm on it @Cleoriff smile  decisions! yum x

joy Thought it wouldn't be long...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 31

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all, got some good news to share regarding Oreo on the HTC U11 for O2 customers.

We’ve approved the Oreo update for the HTC U11 and we’re hopeful our customers will see this become available over the next week or so. If/when we get a more precise ETA, i'll keep you posted - but keep your eyes peeled.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 24 of 31

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Great news, the Oreo update for the HTC U11 is now live. If you're looking for it, the software version is 2.33.206.9 and it's a 1.39GB update so I'd recommend you update via a strong wifi connection.

Let us know how you get on, if you like the update, if you encounter any issues or anything slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 26 of 31

Pobinski
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My U11 on 02 can see the update in the update section of the settings 1.39gb (2.33.206.9) it downloads and goes to reboot for install. it tries to install and gets to 24% every time and then hangs on a red notification symbol and then reboots and does not install the update.  

i have then since factory reset my phone 3 times. tried recovering all my apps etc and tried again. same issue.

tried a factory reset at stock apps as if the phone was new out of the box and the same issues. 

Any help would be great as i have been waiting for this update as i used it on my old Nexus 6p. 

phone is fully charged and on a very strong Wifi signal 

Thanask Scott

Message 27 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Pobinski I have just checked the HTC forums and can't find any answers for 'downloading Oreo problems'

You best bet is to contact HTC directly for support.

https://www.htc.com/uk/contact/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 31

Pobinski
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HTC want me to send the phone to them which cannot happen its a Work / Business phone. Still doesnt update past 24% then re boots. What can 02 do for me the phone was only purchased in Jan 2018.  Can you replace it for one that takes the update. ? 

Message 29 of 31

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

O2 will attempt a repair as it’s over 30 days old but you are far better off sending it to HTC as O2 repairers have a bad rep on here. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 31