cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo update for HTC U11?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any news on when the Oreo update for HTC U11 phones will be made available to O2 customers?

K

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff wink Nope.. I'm hoping that 8.1 will bring some more options , but not holding my breath. At this point it's very iphonish .. And that will just not do! upside_down x

iPhonish?? Good grief!!  Run for the hills...LOL

Or *coughs*.....change your phone? (again) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've only just got used to Nougat and I thought that update was awful. Still I doubt I'll get Oreo. Thankfully? 

Message 12 of 31

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

iPhonish?? Good grief!!  Run for the hills...LOL

Or *coughs*.....change your phone? (again) Bouncy

Ooh..a new phone!? hugging ah.. It'll still have that Oreo on probably.  They've ruined android! Lol x

@jonsie don't do it! X

giphy-3
Message 13 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Lucky me. I won't get that on the Note 4....(Unless I root the phone apparently) LOL

Just laughing at the very thought of  it.....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 31

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Lucky me. I won't get that on the Note 4....(Unless I root the phone apparently) LOL

Wish I could root back to Nougat. Geez..sounds like Bake Off rofl x

giphy-3
Message 15 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Wish I could root back to Nougat. Geez..sounds like Bake Off rofl x

joy Indeed...What's that expression? 'Let them eat cake'.....gif run.gif

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

My unlocked HTC U11 was given an update this week, but not to the one you quoted.  The one I now have is 2.42.400.2.  It has an Android Security Patch Level dated December 1 2017.

For people experiencing problems after updating their version, I had a problem with battery drain on my HTC10 when it was updated to Nougat.  I contacted HTC who got me to try battery testing etc and as I was selling the phone to part fund the U11, I did a full reset.  This seemed to improve things, but because of what happened I am now wary when I see there is a software update available.

Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so we are all clear, HTC released the update months ago, it's then up to o2 to check, and inspect, and trial the software before it is released into the network for consumers, it's the same process for all manufacturers, and networks.

it can take weeks, or months for the updates to come through, other things to think about are type of user, personal or business, business customer's generally have to wait a bit longer, so any glitches are ironed out before they are released, this will protect businesses from unwanted loss of trade, or malfunctions causing issues.

I hope this clears it up for everyone, I also know HTC u11 phones in UK have received the updates, and sometimes the software is delayed in stages to prevent a lag in service from bandwidth being used up by upgrade software clogging the network.

I am still waiting, although people I know have already had the update, so that is the way it goes, I am also a business customer, again this is also going to delay matters.

Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used the HTC u11 with 8.0 and although some bits have changed for the worse, other things are awesome, aggressive battery saving in background, smoother in many aspects, and not that iPhoney ish, just smoother, and better.
Just saying, give it a chance, and check out all the subtle changes which have made a massive difference.
Message 19 of 31

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:
I have used the HTC u11 with 8.0 and although some bits have changed for the worse, other things are awesome, aggressive battery saving in background, smoother in many aspects, and not that iPhoney ish, just smoother, and better.
Just saying, give it a chance, and check out all the subtle changes which have made a massive difference.

I really wish I could agree with you..but..my battery life is terrible now, and a few settings which are now default and unchangeable..making me hate my phone probably for the first time ever! x

giphy-3
Message 20 of 31