Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3T reboot loop

Mike01
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all,

I have a OP 3T and haven't had an issue at all with it until now.

It's roughly 2 months out of warranty and has started to randomly turn itself off and go into a bootloop.

I have been dealing with OP support and I have wiped the cache, performed a factory reset, had an advisor remotely connect to my phone to flash and "patch" the OS, I've also uninstalled any recent or old apps but nothing has worked.

I have been told to contact O2 to send my phone back for diagnosis and repair, which for me isn't really an option.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using a custom rom and if this is likely to resolve the boot issue I've been having?

Many thanks

Mike
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you do suspect moisture damage (it's a definite probable cause) try drying it out in a bag of rice in your airing cupboard or somewhere equally warm and dry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@MI5

Thanks for the link, that's exactly what's been happening.

I'm currently in safe mode and so far it's absolutely fine.

Does that mean it could of be an app?

I did download an icon pack which had numerous launchers, which confused me so I uninstalled it pretty quickly.

I might see if there is anything I can use to monitor or just read the phone log to see if there's a certain app causing an issue.... If that's even possible lol

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it.

Mike
Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes it would point to an app.
Download malwarebytes off play store and run a full scan for any dodgy apps or files left behind.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
The are also lots of OnePlus user forums if you Google which will be more user friendly than the XDA ones 🙂
Message 14 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@MI5
Thanks again, I never knew malware bytes made their scanner available to Android users, I used it for years with many Vista issues.

@Anonymous
Thanks for the reply.

I was only googling a specific issue so only got takeb to the XDA forums instead of general OP forums. I'm slightly hesitant these days to veer away from places I trust, so thats probably another reason I stick to the XDA forums.
Message 15 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Let us know how you get on @Mike01 

Currently using:
Message 16 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi MI5,

So it's been a strange week. I spoke to OP and was about to get the ball rolling so I could return it to them, then the rebooting stopped.

I haven't uninstalled anything, I haven't done anything different, there were a couple of Google apps which updated and then my phone went back to normal.

Thanks a lot for all your help, I appreciate the effort from you and the rest of the community.

Time for a cold 🍺 🍺

Cheers

M
Message 17 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Hey Mike, that's really good news.
Fingers crossed it stays that way for you slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Really pleased it's sorted @Mike01. I wonder what 'remote magic' OP performed ?Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 24

Mike01
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The OP support were really good, a little difficult at times due to the time zones but every day I had a reply and they were very helpful.

Similar to this community though, I've never really needed to post here before but I'm glad I did.

Thanks a lot for all of your help 😊
Message 20 of 24