cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 7 Return Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I've been following this for a while and had a call from O2 last night saying that Samsung are recalling them.

OK, no worries.

The issue I have (and no one seems to be able to answer) is if I decide to hold onto my potentially exploding Note 7 until replacement phones are readily avaliable, will O2 or Samsung reject the replacement later on?

I can send the phone back now and be without a phone for 2-3 weeks, job done and yes this is the sensible option, I understand that.

But alternatively can I hold onto my phone for the next few weeks and when replacement phones are in stock, etc, walk into my local O2 store and get a replacement there and then? I know I run the risk of the thing exploding but from what i've seen no cases have been reported in the UK yet.

No other phone interests me so buying something else is out of the question and I'm perfactly happy with my O2 contract, etc.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Every company can have problems. It's how they are dealt with that sets them apart.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well cannot get an answer from either O2 or Samsung on whats happening with recall and/or exchange of handset.

I am going to my local store tonight to see what can be done as dont see the point in paying for a handset that I cannot use.

When I spoke to store earlier was informed exchange is due to start approx 21st October for O2 customers.

Message 22 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Could you let us know the outcome of your visit to the store tonight please. It would be great to get some further feedback?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I spoke to store earlier was informed exchange is due to start approx 21st October for O2 customers.

I'm sure they meant September ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ahh, the dart at a calender method
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had it confirmed by the assistant manager at the store it could very well be 21st October.

Message 26 of 26