Did you mean: 

No text sound on S6

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

No text sound when i receive a text 😞

I have tried allsorts even did a factory restore and still no sound.

Did have sound it dissapeared yesterday afternoon 😞

Just been online chat with Argos and woman told me to get in touch with Samsung.

Why should i phone isnt 3 days old yet .

Can anyone help me get sound back please thank you .

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Ignore its working now lol. Its if i send text to myself its not working. Son just text and it worked .

@Toby can you delete this please slight_smile Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Ignore its working now lol. Its if i send text to myself its not working. Son just text and it worked .

Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Poppysmum Just for future reference....You go into Settings>Device> Sound.... and you can change sounds for all notifications Texts, calls etc....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I went in there and changed it but when i sent 02 a blank text to check how many texts , time i had left when they sent text back no noise. I text son he replied and it made a sound so working now. I thought i had broke phone already with messing lol

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Poppysmum The sounds volume also has to be turned up in settings...I made this mistake myself when I recorded a video...gutted to find when I played back there was no sound at all...(DUH me)

When I moved the sound slider for media to naximum...the band then played beautifully on the video recording

I felt a real berk....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If its the same as mine you don't get any notification sounds if the phone is unlocked and in your hands.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Poppysmum The sounds volume also has to be turned up in settings...I made this mistake myself when I recorded a video...gutted to find when I played back there was no sound at all...(DUH me)

When I moved the sound slider for media to naximum...the band then played beautifully on the video recording

Media and notifications are not linked on Samsung phones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

Hi @Poppysmum We'll leave the thread here in case anyone else is having the same problem. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 24

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Ok @Martin-O2 there is bound to be someone else who nearly have a panic attack thinking they have broken there new phone lol. While i am writing this i got a text Bouncy and heard the tone slight_smile

Feels strange me finding something to post about. I am normally lurking either online or in the background offline having nothing to post.

The S6 doesnt have the Whistle notification 😞  

Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Media and notifications are not linked on Samsung phones.

I think we are talking at cross purposes @MI5. I was talking about these settings in Sound and Notifications

On my Samsung Note 3

This is what I meant when telling @Poppysmum that they can slide back to off... (and was using Media as an example of my own stupidity in November)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24