Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

PixelA22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I have a Google Pixel 3a which uses Google's own messaging app which is RCS, does that mean with WiFi/ data I can send pictures, videos etc without being charged the MMS rate from O2? Thank you:)
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@PixelA22 

Yes as long as the person you are sending to is also using RCS services.

If not, use WhatsApp which is always free to other WhatsApp users or Facebook messenger etc. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@PixelA22 

Yes as long as the person you are sending to is also using RCS services.

If not, use WhatsApp which is always free to other WhatsApp users or Facebook messenger etc. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
For rcs to work you both need to enable it but to send pictures I'd use what's app because I got charged an mms lol even both had it on so txt and pictures I wont use smiley or nothing pictures what app lol
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@PixelA22  Sending MMS using data is a waste of money. Sending using WhatsApp over WiFi costs nothing, but obviously you and the person you're sending to must have the app.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Most people these days have a social media ap and sufficient data or wifi to send pictures. We always advise using wifi but don't forget that you can send pictures using WhatsApp or Messanger using data out of your allowance too.

Message 5 of 5