cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for HTC One 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Any word on delivery of the Lollipop update for the HTC One M8.

I see that HTC have issued OTA for their unlocked M8s tonight.

Cheers

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its hidden until turned on. In security settings go to trust agents and turn on smart lock

Message 21 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is updating as I type. slight_smile

Message 22 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone is updating as I type. slight_smile

Hope all goes well. Please come back and let us know how you find the update

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say I received the update notification for lollipop yesterday but thus far i havnt accepted the update.  Very nervous about doing so, as I keep reading about problems with battery draining, apps freezing, especially FB messenger and a few others as well issues with keeping wi fi connection.  I absolutely love my M8 as it is running Kitkat and it works brilliantly as it is now.  I have no confidence in accepting this lollipop update without knowing all of these bugs arent going to ruin my current experience with the phone.  I already have the lollipop update on my nexus 7 tablet 2012 version, and its been a nightmare for the last 3 weeks.  Only now is it beginning to show signs of settling down, although its still buggy at times.  Can I continue to not accept this update until there is a further release which covers any of the known issues?

Message 24 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes you can though you will keep getting notifications to install unless you switch them off. I too would wait and when it's released for the Note 4 I will wait until any bugs have been fixed.

Message 25 of 46

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Just ignore it as long as you want but the phone will keep reminding you to update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 26 of 46

cyc10nE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all!
So where from do i get the lollipop OS, for my HTC ONE M8 (O2 network)!!? Is it available!?
Cheers
Message 27 of 46

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@cyc10nE wrote:
Hi all!
So where from do i get the lollipop OS, for my HTC ONE M8 (O2 network)!!? Is it available!?
Cheers

It is out already so you should check your phone for software updates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 28 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
HTC will release the update in batches and the M8 was an incredible and popular phone so there are a lot of you.

If by checking your phone for updates it is not there yet keep checking each day so your phone gets picked up by their servers. I find that appears at least to speed it up.
Message 29 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on the M7 lollipop release?

Message 30 of 46