cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 update has left play store unusable

Anonymous
Not applicable
After updating my os to a new version of lollipop (5.1.1) it has left the play store unusable. Showing it cant connect to server message? Anyone else have this problem
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
After you reboot you should see a notification that you need to sign into Google and that play services needs an update before you can continue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Have you tried deleting Play Store and reinstalling....or can't it actually be deleted?

Maybe @MI5 can advise?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Or indeed any other android users.. @viridis or @jonsie? (Both have used the Note 4)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Reboot the phone - it needs an update to Google play services first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

yes a reboot andif necessaru uninstall updates in app settings for play store.

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
It's not actually anything to do with play store - that's a symptom, not the cause.
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
After you reboot you should see a notification that you need to sign into Google and that play services needs an update before you can continue.
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

or can't it actually be deleted?

Maybe @MI5 can advise?

No, not without root access.

Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

or can't it actually be deleted?

Maybe @MI5 can advise?

No, not without root access.

Live and learn ...live and learn (slowly) Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Can't imagine why you'd want to either.......
Message 10 of 15