Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: LG G3 Signal issues?

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum,

Nothing negative at all.

As you say theirs no point in having all those bells and whistles if the signal supplied by the phone is poor.

I'm glad you sorted this out before you became stuck with the phone. O2 offer a window of 14 days to return a faulty handset for a new one ,or as you did cancel the upgrade within 7 days.

One of my colleagues is interested in one of these and as such feedback like yours will help him.

Thank you.
Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

Sim card has just turned up Bouncy

Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,479

Let us know if it helps....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

So just the time frame for the sim swap to take effect.

Few mins to 24 hours approx.

Keep Turing the phone off and in to help the reset.
Highlighted

Sim swap is complete, Will have to test it at home to 100% confirm as thats where i definately should get 4G.
Highlighted

Sorry, on a quick note, does anyone know if the G3 should have the H+ icon which i think is for 3G?

Its just im in a 3g area but it only shows H. There is nothing in the manual about signal icons.
Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,479

[ Edited ]

Normally I would expect you to get 3G, H or H+ when in a 3G area.
H is the most common 3G designation these days, so if you're in a 3G area and have H showing that is good Smiley Happy

In order of speed:

G

E

3G

H

H+

4G or LTE

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

From my experience of your area has H and H+ (h+ is the enhanced 3.9g offering speeds of up to around 8 or 9 mbs) then h won't work as h+ will take over. Certainly in the South West that is my experience but that may not be replicated across the country.
Highlighted
Level 21: Regular

[ Edited ]

Ta for that list MI5.

After doing the Sim swap to my new phone I was walked through the APN settings by a customer advisor and he was surprised that the phone indicated H when connected (I've not got a 4G tarriff yet)

The CSA seemed to think H was slower than both G and E.

#siwy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Simply oh dear Smiley Sad