Did you mean: 

LG G3 Signal issues?

Faithfull
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Recieved my new LG G3 on refresh last week after upgrading from a G2. Love the phone, really pleased with it, except i seem to be having signal issues.

At home with the LG G2 i always had 4G signal inside and outside, initially i didnt get 4G, only H. I turned off the phone and back on again but still only H signal.

The same at my work address although i used to get H+, i somtimes get E at best.

4G signal is spot on for my home address and was with the G2 according to o2 covergae checker.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they would.

Do you know anyone who is ?

If.not then Saturday or the postal system will have to come into play plus the sim swap time.
Message 21 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Also remember it can take upto 24 hours for the sim swap to complete fully.....
All these delays are not helping you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 50

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I know! im starting to sweat over it now! lol

Nobody at my work as a 4Gphone...marvellous! D'oh!

Message 23 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
No one at home or friends either ?

I'm sweating for you. wink
Message 24 of 50

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I think my dads S3 is on 4G with EE, may have to try that, although dont know if the G3 is unlocked so wouldnt show if my phones antenna is any good.

Message 25 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 phones are Locked out of the box.

Giffgaff and Tesco mobile will work in it. 

A contract customer can unlock for free via the online form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Something to consider when your all sorted.

Message 26 of 50

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's worth trying just on the off chance - some are occasionally unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 50

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Weeeeeeeeeell you say that but.... my G2 was unlocked out of the box from O2. But the G3 does have an O2 startup screen whereas the G2 didnt.

A friend has a HTC one on Tesco tariff. Not sure if the phone is 4G capable though.

Message 28 of 50

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
HTC One's are 4G but it will depend on his tariff.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
New to the community, but felt I had to comment on the LG G3's signal issues. I upgraded from an htc one m7 3 days ago after a lot of research. All of the reviews I read didn't mention any reception issues, but a couple of forums did, I decided to give it a go and see (heart overruling head maybe). Right from the outset I loved everything about the phone except for one thing, yep - poor signal. With my htc I got full signal at home on 3G all of the time and 2 bars of signal at work on 3G,in my office I get 2 bars on 2g, with the G3 I got anything from no signal to 4 bars on 3G but it was going up and down even when I was sat with the phone in my hand. At work the same story anything from 0 to 2 bars (usually 0) and in my office no signal at all. I tried several times with the sim in my htc and the signal was brilliant. I spoke to LG and they told me to do a hard reset, I did this and it made no difference. So back to O2 in plymouth, I spoke to a guy called Ryan who was extremely helpful. He tried a new sim with no difference and then we tried a new phone too, all of the time the signal was jumping up and down all over the place when my partners nokia and his iphone had 3 to 4 bars of signal. In the end I decided to cancel my upgrade and keep using my htc until the issue is sorted. Not sure if it is a hardware or software problem, if it's software hopefully an update will appear and I will get a new phone , if it's hardware then I don't know what LG will be able to do. Such a shame that there appears to be a big issue. It's all nice having all of the others things on the phone but if it can't do the one thing that a phone is supposed to do, ie. reliably make phone calls then not a lot of point in having it. It all sounds a bit negative but hopefully LG will sort it and I will try again.
Message 30 of 50