Did you mean: 

LG G3 Signal issues?

Faithfull
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Recieved my new LG G3 on refresh last week after upgrading from a G2. Love the phone, really pleased with it, except i seem to be having signal issues.

At home with the LG G2 i always had 4G signal inside and outside, initially i didnt get 4G, only H. I turned off the phone and back on again but still only H signal.

The same at my work address although i used to get H+, i somtimes get E at best.

4G signal is spot on for my home address and was with the G2 according to o2 covergae checker.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum,

Nothing negative at all.

As you say theirs no point in having all those bells and whistles if the signal supplied by the phone is poor.

I'm glad you sorted this out before you became stuck with the phone. O2 offer a window of 14 days to return a faulty handset for a new one ,or as you did cancel the upgrade within 7 days.

One of my colleagues is interested in one of these and as such feedback like yours will help him.

Thank you.
Message 31 of 50

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sim card has just turned up Bouncy

Message 32 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know if it helps....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
So just the time frame for the sim swap to take effect.

Few mins to 24 hours approx.

Keep Turing the phone off and in to help the reset.
Message 34 of 50

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sim swap is complete, Will have to test it at home to 100% confirm as thats where i definately should get 4G.
Message 35 of 50

Faithfull
  • 35 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry, on a quick note, does anyone know if the G3 should have the H+ icon which i think is for 3G?

Its just im in a 3g area but it only shows H. There is nothing in the manual about signal icons.
Message 36 of 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Normally I would expect you to get 3G, H or H+ when in a 3G area.
H is the most common 3G designation these days, so if you're in a 3G area and have H showing that is good slight_smile

In order of speed:

G

E

3G

H

H+

4G or LTE

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
From my experience of your area has H and H+ (h+ is the enhanced 3.9g offering speeds of up to around 8 or 9 mbs) then h won't work as h+ will take over. Certainly in the South West that is my experience but that may not be replicated across the country.
Message 38 of 50

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Ta for that list MI5.

After doing the Sim swap to my new phone I was walked through the APN settings by a customer advisor and he was surprised that the phone indicated H when connected (I've not got a 4G tarriff yet)

The CSA seemed to think H was slower than both G and E.

#siwy
Message 39 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Simply oh dear 😞
Message 40 of 50