cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give engaged tone while on another call?

mimito
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I am trying to sort out this for soo long...

At the moment when i am on the phone talking and someone else is calling me the same time. My phone goes straight to voice mail and i am recieving text message for miss call. 

Is it not possible my phone to give busy signal as now it looks like i don't want to take the call, not that i am actually talking. 

What i need is to the other to give busy signal and actually my phone to shows me that someone else is calling now and I to be able to take the call, if decide it is more important for me at the moment. 

I need to have the option to can take the call not just a message for missed call after.

I am working with my clients on the phone and this is huge problem for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@mimito 

You need to set your diverts accordingly.

Help on how to here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10163 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions
@mimito

The only option is to turn on Call Waiting, which will then give you the number that is calling but they will get a ring tone and not an engaged tone.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

mimito
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How to turn on call waiting?

Message 4 of 6

mimito
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i did

to activate Call Waiting, key * 43 # SEND 

and yes i they have now busy signal when i am on the phone. But I am not recieving any information for miss call.

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@mimito I think the service below is better suited to your needs:

O2 Call Alert
What is it?
O2 Call Alert is a simple, easy-to-use alternative to Voicemail 901. It provides missed call information for up to four callers, at no extra cost, by sending you a text message update.
So, if you're on another call or your mobile's switched off, if you're out of coverage or you just don't answer in time, O2 Call Alert will tell you the caller's number and the last time they called.
But it's not just you who benefits from the service. Callers also hear a message telling them that their number's being sent to you via text message, to let you know they called. (Although, if anyone decides to withhold their number, you won't be sent the missed call text and they'll be told to call again later.)

How do I switch it on?
You can turn on O2 Call Alert any time by calling 1710 free from your mobile phone. And you call exactly the same number to switch it off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6