cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacking concern

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I wonder if someone could advise me? My partner has been accessing various things on my phone, including my 02 account, WhatsApp, Gmail to name a few.
I've changed my passwords usernames etc. I've contacted 02 who have been great and helped me to be more secure, however, he still accesses my phone! He's abroad on holiday at the moment, but has still accessed my whatsapp account. 😕
I feel the only option is to change my number? But wondering if this will work?? I have a feeling he must have a tracker or something on my phone??
I'm at a loss of what to do, so any help / advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
x 😊
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nice partner @Anonymous Not much trust there. I would get a new sim with a new number. You are allowed one number change free of charge........

and a new partner.

You could factory reset the phone to make sure. Use a different email to set up the phone, bit of a pain moving your contacts etc but you can export them from your old account. I dont use gmail so cant guide you on this one.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There are genuine apps to forward messages to other phones as texts - one could have been installed and hidden from view.

Well I am gobsmacked at the lengths some people will go. Off to check my phone...Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 30

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
There are genuine apps to forward messages to other phones as texts - one could have been installed and hidden from view.

Well I am gobsmacked at the lengths some people will go. Off to check my phone...Fear

Tugo springs to mind Thoughful

Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much everyone. You've been extremely helpful. My partner is in America and has been for a week now. He sent me screen shots of a WhatsApp conversation I had this week, questioning who it was etc.... so I know he must have some kind of remote access. Scary stuff! He's also screen shot and sent pictures from my Dropbox 😕 I'll put an app lock on everything and see if that helps.
Thanks again 😊 x
Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
P.s what's kudo? (Sorry, I'm new to this) lol x
Message 15 of 30

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's of no use locking any apps already on your phone, sorry, but you need to remove the spyware he has installed or buy a different phone.
Kudos is a way of saying thanks if a post has helped you in any way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 30

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's of no use locking any apps already on your phone, sorry, but you need to remove the spyware he has installed or buy a different phone.
Kudos is a way of saying thanks if a post has helped you in any way.

Extreme, factory reset would be a less drastic option Happy Dance

Message 17 of 30

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, as I have already suggested.........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 30

vandelay
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is possible that he is using the WhatsApp web feature to view your messages - see https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/web

To check, open WhatsApp on your mobile device and go to Settings > WhatApp Web and see if there are any logged in computers. If there are, scroll down and tap 'Log out from all computers' to revoke access.

Likewise, to check Dropbox go to https://www.dropbox.com/account#security and look for active sessions and linked devices and apps. Remove any linked devices and apps that you do not recognise as being your own. It would also be prudent to enable two-step verification.

Message 19 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Please follow the advice given to you by @MI5 @jonsie and @vandelay. If you're unsure of how to do anything recommended, just ask. First things first, though. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS! Make sure they are difficult, even if you have to write them down somewhere and hide them in a place only you could find. Please come back and let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 30