cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacking concern

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I wonder if someone could advise me? My partner has been accessing various things on my phone, including my 02 account, WhatsApp, Gmail to name a few.
I've changed my passwords usernames etc. I've contacted 02 who have been great and helped me to be more secure, however, he still accesses my phone! He's abroad on holiday at the moment, but has still accessed my whatsapp account. 😕
I feel the only option is to change my number? But wondering if this will work?? I have a feeling he must have a tracker or something on my phone??
I'm at a loss of what to do, so any help / advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
x 😊
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Check all your apps for anything you don't recognise and delete any that you don't know about.
If you press the menu key when in the app drawer set it to display any hidden apps too.
If all else fails, back up you pics and vids and do a factory reset to clear anything that might have been downloaded and hidden without your knowledge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Nice partner @Anonymous Not much trust there. I would get a new sim with a new number. You are allowed one number change free of charge........

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 30

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Any apps such as Whatsapp, facebook or messanger, viber, Line etc only need the original number to be registered. Changing number won't help but changing all your passwords will. Don't change it for something they will be able to guess, use something totally random and amix of numbers, small and capital letters and symbols where permitted.

Message 4 of 30

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
whatsapp is a strange one to replicate elsewhere though as it won't work unless the sim is in the phone with the registered number. Facebook, twitter etc though can be installed on any device if the name and password is known..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Any apps such as Whatsapp, facebook or messanger, viber, Line etc only need the original number to be registered. Changing number won't help but changing all your passwords will. Don't change it for something they will be able to guess, use something totally random and amix of numbers, small and capital letters and symbols where permitted.

Thanks for that @jonsie Every day is a school day as you see.....(I honestly didn't know that) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
whatsapp is a strange one to replicate elsewhere though as it won't work unless the sim is in the phone with the registered number. Facebook, twitter etc though can be installed on any device if the name and password is known..

Thanks for that as well @MI5 I honestly thought a simple change of sim/number would do the trick....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 30

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Thanks for that as well @MI5 I honestly thought a simple change of sim/number would do the trick....

Doubt it will make any difference for whatsapp - there must be an app on the phone that is intercepting messages and sending them on elsewhere.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Blimey......didn't know you could get an app to do that either....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There are genuine apps to forward messages to other phones as texts - one could have been installed and hidden from view.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 30