Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Sorry to hear that one of our retentions agents said otherwise - our systems only have info on current or upcoming handsets we'll be ranging and the HTC 10 is not on our systems, so why this particular agent mentioned Monday 25th, I'm not quite sure - but we'll look into it internally.

Agents say what they think they want customers to hear in order to get good feedback - live chat have been doing it for years and it now seems to be endemic.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 121 of 503

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Chris_K wrote:

Sorry to hear that one of our retentions agents said otherwise - our systems only have info on current or upcoming handsets we'll be ranging and the HTC 10 is not on our systems, so why this particular agent mentioned Monday 25th, I'm not quite sure - but we'll look into it internally.

Agents say what they think they want customers to hear in order to get good feedback - live chat have been doing it for years and it now seems to be endemic.

Yes I've found that from personal experience.

Message 122 of 503

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
o2 & Vodafone are just as bad as each other in relation to this fiasco

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/HTC-10-on-Vodafone/td-p/2486704/page/5#
Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 123 of 503

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm angry o2 aren't stocking the phone. But i Just don't want to use any other network as o2 is just the best for me and my location. Went into CPW today and told me I can pre order for delivery 6th May £43 a month for unlimited texts calls and 5gb data which is fine for me as I use a of data and it's what I'm paying now
Message 124 of 503

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You won't lose anything other than being tied in for the full 2 years as they can't provide a Refresh type contract. If it's the phone you want I just find it a poor business decision by whoever it is at O2 that decides these things.

Message 125 of 503

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I don't mind the contract side of it, this will be the first phone I've upgraded before my contract is up, but as you mentioned is just the fact I have to go through CPW to get the phone on o2 rather than just go direct..
Message 126 of 503

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's just crazy, it really is.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 127 of 503

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Here is what the Three Network is offering

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/HTC/10?featuretab=Audio&memory=32&colour=Silver

Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 128 of 503

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@iar1980 wrote:

Here is what the Three Network is offering

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/HTC/10?featuretab=Audio&memory=32&colour=Silver

Will you be going for this one @iar1980?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 129 of 503

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Yes, this will be my next phone. I love HTC phones, I have previously had the HTC Desire HD, HTC One M7, and currently HTC One M8

Unfortunately I am currently tied into a sim only contract with Vodafone (got a crazy offer back in February £20 a month for 20gb data with unlimited mins & texts with 12 month free Netflix, too good to turn down), but i can upgrade to a phone contract early from Mid May.

I prefer to stay with Vodafone or o2 as i feel they provide the best overall coverage (indoor & outdoor) compared to EE & Three.

I will most likely buy the phone outright, but am willing to wait a while if need be.

My reason for for posting in both forums (o2 & vodafone) is i think both of these providers are up to no good. I mean come on, nearly every tech reviewer around the world has stated this is one of the best HTC phones for years.....and they are not interested....something smells a bit fishy......

What about yourself........

Message 130 of 503