Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
In spite of some great phones over the years, HTC have never really commanded the kudos associated with the likes of Samsung, Sony or Apple unfortunately.
Mind you, the same can be said for others too.
Price will be the all important factor that determines the success of this model, or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 503

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

My first smartphone was the HTC Desire and it did very well for me in its time. I still have it, in fact, and I use it as a backup, but I never bought another HTC after that, and I probably never will. I think HTC is in too much deep water, and will eventually go under. The only thing holding them up at the moment is that they're standing on Blackberry's shoulders in the water.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 503

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My htc collection started with an o2 xda, htc diamond,htc desire, htc sensation, m7 and currently the m9.

I'm definitely interested in the 10 as the competition don't stand out to me. Samsung ui isnt the nicest. The z5 seems decent (my Mrs just got the z5 compact and is a very nice device) and I'll never touch an iPhone.

Read the report on the htc 10 camera and it seems to be up there as the best as of Feb 2016. Will have to see where o2 price it
Message 4 of 503

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Been a fan of HTC for a while (I had the original Desire, then a Sensation XE) but when it came to upgrade a lot of friends who made the M8 and M9 were having no end of problems (reboots, freezing, memory problems) so I went with the Sony Z1.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 503

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

My first smart phone was a HTC too. I don't really remember why now but I switched to Samsung a few years ago and have been quite happy with their hardware but I always keep an eye out for what HTC is offering. 

Is anyone thinking of picking one of these up? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 503

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitley be getting one,

As soon as my it's announced you can pre-order from 02 I'll be down there ordering my carbon grey model, due for an upgrade from my m8 very shortly so it needs to be available soon!!

The anticipation is killing me haha

Message 7 of 503

djlukew
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will be I think as soon as o2 announce any prices. My m9 is unlocked and will pay for my upgrade cost if I sell it
Message 8 of 503

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@djlukew @Anonymous I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the phone once you get your hands on one! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 503

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've always been a huge fan of HTC and never had a single problem with any of them.  I jumped to Samsung for a change after the M8 and have no complaints either..tho that m10  is shouting on me..Grumpy *resist*  x

giphy-3
Message 10 of 503