Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Well HTC have announced their new flagship, as expected the main selling point is a OIS front facing camera.

It does address some of the shortcomings from the previous iterations such as better battery, better rear camera, and more but I feel it is all too little too late to save HTC. They needed to do something big and bold to make people look up, and I feel this phone just won't deliver.

Plus with the price point expected to be that of the S7 it's a tall ask.

Message 1 of 503
502 REPLIES 502

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143441 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:
Really? I thought if I paid off my O2 refresh early, I'd have to cancel my existing O2 airtime contract to allow me to do an upgrade through CPW?

I don't want to be stuck with 2 airtime contracts.

I would also not have O2 refresh enabled on my new contract, meaning I would no longer have the option to pay off my device plan early in the future.

O2 allow you a one month early upgrade which applies wherever you upgrade.

If you are upgrading your current contract it will just be replaced so you won't have two, but yes, you will lose the refresh deal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 501 of 503

Simon241
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 54 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah right.

Yes it is an expensive option I know.

I did it as in the long run keeping my O2 refresh and my work discount it was cheaper.
I would have lost that going through CPW.

Give it some time here, someone may have a solution for you, Just need some responses

Message 502 of 503

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Seems my only option if I want the HTC 10 is to do the 1 month early upgrade through CPW and lose the refresh.  My contract runs until 24th December, so I can upgrade from 24th November through CPW.

I like the Samsung Galaxy S7, but they are too expensive through O2 directly.  And the S6 doesn't have external SD card capability (I have no interest in cloud storage before anyone mentions that slight_smile ) so i'd have to get the more expensive 64GB version which is either going to be a lot of money upfront, or an expensive monthly cost.

Thanks

Steve
Message 503 of 503