Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google apps update issue

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145345 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27927 Solutions

OK, get your heads round this problem......

On mobile data I can download and update apps.

On wifi I can download but cannot update apps.

Everything else works fine on wifi and this is the same across 3 devices, all are on the same Google account and I've tried deleting the Google account, clearing cache and data in Google Play Store, play services and download manager, but still the same....

It can't be a Google issue because it works on mobile data. It can't be a phone issue because it's the same on 3 different devices, and it can't be a wifi issue because everything elseworks fine....

This only started yesterday so who do I moan at to get something changed to fix it....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Still problem with youtube. (a Google service)
Virgin media are aware of issues.
http://www.onlinesocialmedia.net/20140905/youtube-problems-on-virgin-media-persistent/
Message 31 of 46

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'm having no problems with You Tube myself. My firewall settings are set to low as default too.

Capture.JPG

Message 32 of 46

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The hardware firewall on the superhub is so ridicolously poorly designed. It blocks most things people actually do and makes it pointless when you have to set it to low to anything proper other than look at stupid cat memes or trending youtube videos.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 33 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What would be in the firewall log that could point out the issue?
Message 34 of 46

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I would run wireshark too for a more detailed analysis.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 35 of 46

MI5
  • 145345 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27927 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Just update for @MI5 disabled firewall on my superhub and so far no problem. Have you recently upgraded? Big kahuna?

I had a replacement Superhub about a month ago after mine started playing up but no changes that coincide with the issue starting last Friday.

Must have been a change at Virgin's end of things......?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 36 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 123597 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

I am not pretending to understand much of this thread....what I do know is that Virgin are having massive problems in our area....

I have a number of friends and relatives on Virgin and every one of them (in different parts of my town) has been affected by this...over past two weeks.

They have been told a number of reasons for problems. ( Roadworks, and Virgin installing an upgraded cable network)....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 46

MI5
  • 145345 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27927 Solutions
Something has definitely changed.... somewhere.....?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 38 of 46

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

This must be regional as I'm not experiencing problems here at the moment anyway.

(South London.)

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 39 of 46

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes I wouild think it's possibly regionalised as it's been fine for me. I asked a neighbour who is also with virginmedia and he's not been affected at all with either the issue affecting @MI5 or the ones reported through the media.

Message 40 of 46