Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google apps update issue

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144757 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

OK, get your heads round this problem......

On mobile data I can download and update apps.

On wifi I can download but cannot update apps.

Everything else works fine on wifi and this is the same across 3 devices, all are on the same Google account and I've tried deleting the Google account, clearing cache and data in Google Play Store, play services and download manager, but still the same....

It can't be a Google issue because it works on mobile data. It can't be a phone issue because it's the same on 3 different devices, and it can't be a wifi issue because everything elseworks fine....

This only started yesterday so who do I moan at to get something changed to fix it....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 46
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is no settings in play store to enable updates over mobile data only so I'm leaning towards a router problem possibly firewall as it's on different devices.

Is it just your home wifi or is it the same elsewhere?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the Community Forum @MI5

Id suggest you speak to our main man in the know regarding android issues called , oh yeah it's you.

wink

Sorry but if you don't know I've got to assume anyone else would be lost.
Message 2 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is no settings in play store to enable updates over mobile data only so I'm leaning towards a router problem possibly firewall as it's on different devices.

Is it just your home wifi or is it the same elsewhere?

Message 3 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I know lol.
Message 4 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's to make sure your are updating whilst in a country where the app is allowed.
I had no joy updating playmemories mobile and doing the usual clearout of store, download and accounts did nothing. I had no mobile coverage at time, (truth be told I was on a restriction but that's another story)
The moment I paid up to date the update completed. May not be related, but this too was yesterday.
Message 5 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Scrap that, mine won't update over wifi unless I switch from mobile to wifi whilst the update Is downloading already.
Message 6 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just looked at my apps and there's 7 sitting there with updates pending, 4 have no difference in permissions so should have auto updated.
Message 7 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@MI5 have you tried contacting online help chat?

I'll get my coat.
Message 8 of 46

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Well it's not a global problem and I only update apps over Wi-Fi; had a few updates to Chrome and Maps over the last few days as well.

It's a weird one and possibly wiping the runtime cache (Dalvik or whatever one you are using) will flush out what is wrong with the handsets. As you know, root mode, reset and pray.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 46