Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail issue

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Is anyone else having problems with Gmail (as in receiving notifications from forum?)

I use gmail 99% for this forum. All worked ok while I was away for weekend. Emails from here came in as normal.

Since 2pm today they have stopped.

I have tested it by sending myself an email from my btinternet account. That came into gmail. A friend has sent me an email to gmail address. That also came in.

So by a process of elimination, it looks as if it's O2 related??.

Just for info, Gmail is on my Note 8. Also via Outlook on my PC (set up in 2 separate accounts ie btinternet and gmail)

Just checking if anyone else is having the same issue?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Without being "in the know", something has changed on the community which has caused gmail to see the messages as spam.
Could be a background change, something to do with a certificate expiring or someone manually changing something.
It would be Lithium/Khoros that would know and have to change it back.
Can we check with them @EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Marjo and see what they have been up to?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 31 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It seems to have worked for me @gmarkj so thanks for that.

Ray had a look (whilst I was out) and sorted it following the advice in the link you provided. He didn't wait to see if it had worked but I have just logged on and all gmails are now in my inbox. Bouncy

Hoping this one I post appears there as well.

Thanks again Hug

Edit: it went straight to inbox. What a relief. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 109

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
No problem, although as discussed earlier this should not really be necessary - if new posters are not aware that emails are going to spam then they miss mentions with solutions...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 33 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
No problem, although as discussed earlier this should not really be necessary - if new posters are not aware that emails are going to spam then they miss mentions with solutions...

Which is what I said earlier this morning. This is why O2 /Lithium/ Khoros should be taking a look at the issue. They may well be losing new members if queries answered from here go into their spam folders!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Although I rarely use my phone unless I'm away from PC, this is the message I'm now getting since the gmail issue was sorted. It isn't happy at all. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 109

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yeah, that matches what I have seen too @Cleoriff.
Unless one of the team can speak to Lithium/Khoros about it I don't think anything will be forthcoming...

Message 36 of 109

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Everything from O2 including private messages and even this months bill on the  5th went into spam. The daily subscription also went to spam. I've never used the notifications for individual threads, it would drive me crazy.

I think it's all sorted now though with not being on much, I don't get barely any emails. 

Message 37 of 109

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Can you take a look as this is quite a serious issue if bill notifications are also going to spam @EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2?

Message 38 of 109

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@gmarkj @Cleoriff @jonsie @Mi-Amigo @pgn and all -

We'll see if we can find out about any reason for this change, and keep you guys up to date!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 39 of 109

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@gmarkj @Cleoriff @jonsie @Mi-Amigo @pgn and all -

We'll see if we can find out about any reason for this change, and keep you guys up to date!

Early bird @EmilieT  🐦😊🙏

Message 40 of 109