Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Edge display issues

Laineyyw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is my second Motorola edge since 27th May..the first had display issues and this replacement is even worse. It's like a disco on the screen! Can't actually speak to anyone at o2 and on the live chat I was told to send it to them but they can't replace it again as it is out of stock. I need the phone for work so I can't be without. I messaged Motorola and they have confirmed that there is a fault with all moto Edge devices. There is update fix like there's meant to be. What are we meant to do..as you can tell its stressing me out 🤬🤬
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Laineyyw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is what I got fro Motorola after I tweeted them..I have tried to update but there is no new updates?? So now what

Thank you for contacting Moto & Lenovo customer support.

I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Motorola Edge.

Unfortunately this is a common issue for all Motorola Edge phones. However I am happy to inform you that it should be fixed with software update, so I would suggest that you check for system updates in Settings > System > Advanced > System updates. Based on our information Maintenance update was released with May security update.

Please let me know if it worked and if you have any questions.

You may receive an email survey once your enquiry is fully resolved. It will only take a few minutes to complete and I would really appreciate if you could provide some feedback and score how I handled your concerns
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Laineyyw 

The phone is faulty and under warranty so Motorola should repair or replace it.

You need to contact them again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Did you get the update yet @Laineyyw ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Laineyyw

I would speak to Lenovo Support @ https://support.motorola.com/uk/en

and also signup and post your problem in the forum, they are being very pro active and passing things to the product group and engineering support..

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/edge/bd-p/edge_en

One of the software fixes should fix the issue, but it does sound like faulty display panels, but i would speak to Lenovo and see what they say before speaking to o2. 

I will add there is no stock in Lenovo's distribution channel, so there really are none for warranty or insurance claims..

Just noticed looks like Samsung are suffering the same issues; https://www.sammobile.com/news/more-users-facing-green-tint-display-issues-different-galaxy-devices/

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 10

Laineyyw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No unfortunately not 🙁
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Laineyyw 

I'd wait until I got the update personally.

Lenovo have known about this issue for a long time and have released a fix.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@Laineyyw

The software update is being rolled out, so hopefully this will have fixed the issue for you.

I would connect to WiFi and keep checking for Updates slight_smile

If not i would again recommend contacting Lenovo (Motorola) direct
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 10

Laineyyw
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Software update done last night and the display is even worse! Lenovo have been very responsive and I am in the process of sending the phone tho them for repair.
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Pleased to hear they are taking the phone  back @Laineyyw. Its the least they can do if honest.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10