Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail issue

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Is anyone else having problems with Gmail (as in receiving notifications from forum?)

I use gmail 99% for this forum. All worked ok while I was away for weekend. Emails from here came in as normal.

Since 2pm today they have stopped.

I have tested it by sending myself an email from my btinternet account. That came into gmail. A friend has sent me an email to gmail address. That also came in.

So by a process of elimination, it looks as if it's O2 related??.

Just for info, Gmail is on my Note 8. Also via Outlook on my PC (set up in 2 separate accounts ie btinternet and gmail)

Just checking if anyone else is having the same issue?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All O2 posts; private messages notifications marked as spam in gmail. 

I wouldn`t have known of this if it hadn`t been for @Cleoriff `s post.

I`m on laptop, with Windows 10, using Chrome and only have gmail account. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 109

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Me either - two mentions were there from over the weekend!
Good job I'm not popular or don't follow many posts as I might have missed them all...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

All O2 posts; private messages notifications marked as spam in gmail. 

I wouldn`t have known of this if it hadn`t been for @Cleoriff `s post.

I`m on laptop, with Windows 10, using Chrome and only have gmail account. 

Bit grim when you are running a quiz @Mi-Amigo confused

Annoying as hell actually. Time consuming when you have to keep moving them to your inbox, hoping they will 'learn' to go back there as normal!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 109

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Bit grim when you are running a quiz @Mi-Amigo confused

Annoying as hell actually. Time consuming when you have to keep moving them to your inbox, hoping they will 'learn' to go back there as normal!

Thanks @Cleoriff 

It`s bloody annoying. I`ll just keep my eye on the thread and posts rather than rely on notifications in gmail.

Typical google "we think know what is best for you, [and even if we don`t], you are going to have to up with it" attitude. I have a sneaky feeling they are not going to learn and we are gonna have to put up with it rage

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 109

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions
This whole forum@o2.com going to Spam is for the birds... Even adding that e-mail address to my Google contacts makes no difference.

Takes the fun out of dipping into the forum at work now and then.

🤯
Message 15 of 109

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know if its just this forum or are other network providers` forums also going to spam on google? just curious...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 109

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Out of the ones I use, it's just O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Does anyone know if its just this forum or are other network providers` forums also going to spam on google? just curious...

As far as I am concerned @Mi-Amigo it's just this forum. I have had two emails into my gmail address INBOX today from other people.

I have two email addresses 1) bt internet, 2) Gmail. I use gmail for the forum only. (apart from asking two people to send me emails again today to test) Those two emails were sent from a btinternet address and a gmail address. (So they are sending from gmail but not receiving ...if from this forum)

The annoying thing for me was when I joined this forum years ago, I used my btinternet address. Worked well for about 2 years then stopped. I was told that Lithium always had issues with btinternet.

Changed to gmail and never had one problem until 2 days ago.

They are still going into spam folder as I type. Despite marking them as NOT spam and making a rule on my PC that all emails from O2 go into my inbox.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 109

Mi-Amigo
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 and @Cleoriff for info.

I tried marking posts from O2 forum as NOT spam but all are still going to spam.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 109

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff I've had a couple of emails here and there going to spam since I started working on the community but adding the notifications email address to my spam exception list worked a charm and I've not experienced this at all in a long time now!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 109