Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail issue

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Is anyone else having problems with Gmail (as in receiving notifications from forum?)

I use gmail 99% for this forum. All worked ok while I was away for weekend. Emails from here came in as normal.

Since 2pm today they have stopped.

I have tested it by sending myself an email from my btinternet account. That came into gmail. A friend has sent me an email to gmail address. That also came in.

So by a process of elimination, it looks as if it's O2 related??.

Just for info, Gmail is on my Note 8. Also via Outlook on my PC (set up in 2 separate accounts ie btinternet and gmail)

Just checking if anyone else is having the same issue?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4304 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good point @Cleoriff 

I have never received an email regarding my bill and I only receive a text message.

It suits me the way it is but yes, it may well have affected others.

Message 101 of 109

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

All good, no spam from "forum at o2 dot com" here for ages, thanks. 

giphy (13).jpg

Message 102 of 109

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My daily subscription email is still going into spam. All other emails go to the inbox as they should.

Message 103 of 109

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My daily subscription email is still going into spam. All other emails go to the inbox as they should.

Your daily subscription to...? innocent

Who's the Sender, still forumato2dotcom

Message 104 of 109

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Warnings this week about loss of e-mail sent from Gmail if you use the Microsoft mail client on your PC or laptop as your window to your Gmail - I know some here do, so read and be warned:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/27/google-gmail-serious-problem-deleted-emails-spam...

If you use native app on Android, or the Chrome or other browser interface to interact with your Gmail, you should be OK - this is a Microsoft update gone wrong, pending a fix from Microsoft. 

Message 106 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgn 

So I have Gmail on my PC in two different sections.

Gmail using Chrome (which I rarely use) and Gmail using Outlook (which combines my other email address from BT internet) I use this one daily.

Gmail on my Android phone is a standalone app....

So which one am I going to have a problem with? Outlook I expect? rage rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 107 of 109

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thanks for the headsup @pgn 

I use Outlook for GMail and Yahoo but only send emails from the Outlook address. I have noticed a lot of previously recognised emails going into spam on GMail but have recently received a Developers update which fixed the issue.

Message 108 of 109

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

If you use the bundled mail app in Win10, @Cleoriff, as described in the link below, then yes, you may be one of those who will experience issues with mail going places it shouldn't:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/how-to-use-the-mail-app-in-windows-10

I gave up using a local mail client since I stopped using Eudora, preferring to have Gmail poll and collect my e-mail (when I had multiple e-mail accounts that was!). With the decline of Tesco's mail service, and O2's, and a couple of others I had from aeons ago, there is now nothing for Gmail to poll - so I stick with the native browser interface for my e-mail. 

Yes, I have a BT, a VirginMedia and probably a Microsoft Live account, all of which have e-mail along with, but, well, life's too short.

Hope you have not suffered at the latest MS faux-pas as described above, @Cleoriff

Message 109 of 109