Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch SIM plan

alexjwilson1994
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Now that O2 supports esim, are there plans to bring esim for the galaxy Watch?
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@alexjwilson1994 

No current plans, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@alexjwilson1994 

No current plans, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @alexjwilson1994 slight_smile We are rolling eSIM to more devices very soon, but we don't currently sell any eSIM versions of the Samsung Watches, or have support for them yet. If or when we support this or add further eSIM support, we'll let everyone know on the community!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 21

FugiTive92
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So its now end of January, and this still looks not too be resolved any chance we can get an update about this?

Do O2 have any plans to provide eSIM support for the Gallaxy Watch Active2 and hopefully sell it on a 24month contract linked with a pay-monthly phone?

Can we expect something in the next couple of months, 6 months, 1 year.

As an aside, why are O2 consistently so behind on supporting new devices. I mean often it's not just a couple of weeks but often upwards of 6 - 12 months before O2 seem to be even aware of new devices, let alone supporting them. Currently both EE and Vodafone support the Gallaxy Watch Active2, and on Vodafone can be purchased on a 24 month contract at £22.

Also please don't be as idiotic as EE, who've limited their Gallaxy Watch Active2 contract to users with only Samsung phones. I don't know which idiot over their green-lit that move. But, unlike the Apple Watch 2 the Gallaxy Watch Active2 supports all Android devices which support the Galaxy Wearable App.

Message 4 of 21

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

FugiTive92
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
More info

Message 6 of 21

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

With regards to the eSIM/LTE version of the Samsung Watch specifically, we’re unable to comment on future devices we have not announced as being ranged by us or not, but bringing eSIM capability to other devices is a priority for us. That said, we know how frustrating this may be for some of our customers looking for this particular device, but we’re unable to share any further info on if/when this might be supported on the O2 network.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 21

borednow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
why are o2 selling the 4g versions of the Samsung watches if the don't support them.

Again, looks like a back hander from apple as there's options for the apple watch.🤬
Message 8 of 21

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Its not a back hander from Apple, O2 have a different implementation than other networks for 4G calling (which is needed for the Samsung Watches), they're also quite slow at taking up new devices.

It probably will happen, but not anytime soon
Message 9 of 21

Andyk
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any new update on this please as just purchased the Samsung Galaxy watch but cant use cellular??? May have to do my next upgrade with Vodafone so I can use the watch how it is ment to be used 

Message 10 of 21