cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Edge App sort (alphabetically)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just got the new S6 Edge and have been trying to find how to sort all of my apps into alphabetical order, but there seems to be no way of doing it. I have looked on google and this problem seems to be happening in the UK after the different carriers do whatever they do with the phones as there seems to be no problem in a lot of other place around the world.

Has anyone got any idea how to get around this problem Help

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's the same on my Nexus 7 but there is no option button to edit or sort.

Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys

This isn’t an O2 change, we have given the feedback asking for it to be made available on lollipop devices.  For devices that were shipped on Kitkat or earlier that have now been upgraded to lollipop the feature is still there.

Brad

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Thanks Brad. So it is phones which have lollipop on them originally have this problem. Hopefully their will be an update soon. The only way around this would be to download a third party launcher 

Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

My normal S6 has not go this feature to put apps in alphabetical order -  it is very handy feature but its not there - (its annoying coz all new apps that's newly installed get put on the last app tray page) - hope we get a fix for this in the future.

Message 14 of 35

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The more I hear about Lollipop the more loathe I am to install it. I have it downloaded but I'm waiting for maybe the next update to fix these issues.

Message 15 of 35

MI5
  • 144505 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Still listed alphabetically on the Note 4.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse the thread necromancy,

I had an S4, that upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop and the app drawer remained sorted alphabetically.

New S6 has them higglety pigglety which is of precisely no use to anyone whatsoever. No option to sort. So it seems to be wholly an S6 thing and o2/Telefonica need to bring pressure to bear upon Google/Samsung to allow a AZ sort. Why would I want apps ordered in date of install rather than the universal standard alphabet?!

Almost as annoying as Facebook/Instagram installed on the ROM and not uninstallable.

Message 17 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

One of our members @viridis had the S6 Edge last week. He may want to comment on this @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 35

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I am site I've seen that an update is imminent to sort out the app order and O2 have sent it back to Samsung for release. ....

Message 19 of 35

MI5
  • 144505 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Yeah the 5.1.1 update brings it back.
Sammy have rolled it out already so it's down to O2 to push it out to their phones now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 35