cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 - email problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, not sure if anyone can help but I recently got a galaxy S4, not totally clued up on how to use it but have tried to set my emails up. I am able to send out emails from it but the inbox just seems to show messages from 2 years ago, which I presume were in the deleted items, I have actually no idea where they came from but no new emails seem to go in there.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help (BTW I am with virgin media email address is ......@blueyonder.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Try setting your email up manually preferably using IMAP

Username: username@blueyonder.co.uk

Password: YourPassword Remember: This is CASE sensitive!.

EmailAddress:   username@blueyonder.co.uk,

IMAP

POP3

SMTP

• Server: smtp.virginmedia.com
  • Port: 465
  • Authentication: Yes, Same as POP
  • Security: Enabled, SSL, TLS (Not SPA)

It should ask how many days email you want to sync. If you select all you will get any that haven't been deleted or archived on the account.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much, I'll have a look at that later in my break at work and see if that helps 🙂

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah all these settings seem to be the same but still doesn't seem to work. Maybe if I reinstal the emails, if that is even possible that might sort it?

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

Are you using any sort of app/widget to access the e-mails, or are you just using your web browser?

I was having trouble with my Gmails not downloading properly, and was advised to uninstall all the updates to the Gmail app. I then reinstalled all the updates via Google Play and the app is now working perfectly.

Might be worth a try... 

Message 5 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Or you could use K9 mail.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the app that was on the phone when I bought it. I tried deleting my account and putting it on account but it never helped. I am now in the process of trying to delete all my old emails from 2 years ago (think I am on last year now) to see if once they are gone the new ones will start coming through.....Im not very techno minded.....

Message 7 of 7