Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get MMS to work on Galaxy S3

PeterPan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't receive or send MMS messages on my Galaxy SIII I-9300. I can create a new APN in settings | more settings | mobile networks | access point names, but the newly-created APN is not selectable - there isn't a green ring to tap to select it. The selected APN is called "O2 Mobile Web". I cannot edit that APN (it's edit-locked), but I can edit a new one that I create. But I cannot select the new one, once created.

Help, please?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You just need to create a new APN for MMS. You don't get the option to select it, once created it will automatically connect and you won't see an option for the green circle.

Once you have created the APN reboot the phone and try sending yourself a picture.

Select Menu and +APN

Name: O2 Pay Monthly MMS
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not Set
Username: o2wap
Password: password
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy:  82.132.254.1
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Authentication: PAP
APN type: mms
APN protocol: ipv4

You still need the O2 Mobile Web selected with the green dot.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You just need to create a new APN for MMS. You don't get the option to select it, once created it will automatically connect and you won't see an option for the green circle.

Once you have created the APN reboot the phone and try sending yourself a picture.

Select Menu and +APN

Name: O2 Pay Monthly MMS
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not Set
Username: o2wap
Password: password
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy:  82.132.254.1
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Authentication: PAP
APN type: mms
APN protocol: ipv4

You still need the O2 Mobile Web selected with the green dot.

Message 2 of 5

PeterPan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's useful, thanks. I have possibly been chasing the "wrong problem", though I still can't send or receive MMS. When I try to send myself an MMS I get "message not sent" then "service not activated on network" and then "response error". I need to phone CS again, I think. They told me MMS was enabled, so perhaps I need to ask them to disable it today and then ask them to enable it again tomorrow.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Yes that would be your next step. Make sure that the adviser understands that it needs to be removed from the account and then reprovisioned. You are correct that it takes 24 hours.

Incidentally, have you tried it with wifi off? Shouldn't make a difference really as my S3 works on/off.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Just another thought, in the messaging app settings, do you have 'auto retrieve' ticked under mms settings?

Message 5 of 5