cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Suddenly Died

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Galaxy S3 for just over a year now and it's been quite good, however yesterday after working perfectly fine for most of the day it just decided to die. This is despite the phone being on at least 70% battery.

I have no idea whatls caused this. The phone will not turn back on no matter what buttons I press, and after leaving it on charge overnight there has been no progress. The charging light does not come on either, both through charging it from the mains and through my computer.

I'm going to assume I will need to send it to O2/Samsung to be looked at, but I was wondering if this is a fault anyone else as had and what they did to overcome it.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to admit that I'm not impressed so far. The phone was sent to them two weeks ago and I've heard nothing from them since, in fact it took over a week for them to acknowledge that they had receieved the phone despite it being sent through special/next day delivery.

At the moment the only information I am getting is through the Product Service Status page, which isn't promising either. 

Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 10.52.38.png

It seems that the repair keeps being rescheduled and the estimated repair date keeps getting changed each day that I check the page. I'm going to be optimistic and hope they're just being thourough but after taking over a week to even begin, I can't say that optimisim will hold out much longer.

Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That seems an extraordinary length of time. I've never known a repair to take so lon.

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately I had a spare phone so it's not the end of the world, not that they offered me a loan phone; good thing it's not essential to my work.

I'm going to get in contact with them and see if there's a problem I am unaware of.

Message 13 of 13