cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds sound issue when talking on phone and listening to music.

Aleclab90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a set of Galaxy buds from Amazon back in June, They ended up going faulty by creating a drilling/helicopter noise on the line whenever I spoke to someone on the phone. I contacted Samsung UK tech department and they did some tests and said I had to take it to the repair centre nearest me. I took the headphones in and they said they could not repair them so I had to send them back. I recieved my refund from Amazon and bought a pair of the exact same galaxy buds from o2 online store. I tested them for a couple of weeks with no issue, suddenly they started doing this noise again. I called up and had a replacement sent out. I tested it with no issue again, a week later it came back on these too. I have carried out multiple resets of the buds and carried out resets of cache/data of my bluetooth device and unpaired and repaired the buds. I have been off work for the virus lockdown, I have just put them in today for the first time in about 2 weeks and had to re-pair them. When I did I had very poor connection even stood right next to the phone. I also was unable to talk to anyone on the phone as they could only hear a really loud drilling sound. I have tried contacting o2 on my mobile but only allowing emergency issues to be dealt with. My 1st month of these new buds starts tomorrow, so I will not be able to do anything about them after that. I have been on o2 online and tried calling multiple times to o2 to no avail. Could someone please help me here as I am getting annoyed that this keeps happening. I have a Note10 plus I got on 28th of August, the day they came out. I have updated everything I can think of on there including Wear app etc.

Thanks a lot for reading.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you got them through Amazon then can't you request a refund? They obviously aren't fit for purpose or you have an app or equipment interfering with Bluetooth accessories.

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
With so many of them all displaying the same fault it's likely to be something else interfering rather than faulty buds.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Aleclab90
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did get the refund through amazon but then bought a pair of buds from o2 online store. Which they then replaced with the pair I have currently. So 1 from Amazon, 2 from o2.
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 10

Aleclab90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have no idea what the solution is, when I was on the phone to samsung uk tech dept. they tested and checked loads of stuff and could not come up with anything other than the headphones. I am not sure what the best course of action would be to take here as I am kind of in a little prediciment seeing as my month is up tomorrow for these new buds. Any advice on what I should do next?

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 10

Aleclab90
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am using these on my phone 90% of the time, only rarely do I put them onto my tablet to watch stuff on netflix during my lunch time at work.
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 10

Aleclab90
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Until today I have never had any issue with the musical quality which I have been very happy with, on my tablet I am unable to make/take calls as it is internet only so have no idea if it works any differently sadly.
Message 10 of 10