cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Face Unlock Disabling Pin Code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, first of all would like to say Hello. I'm a veteran O2 customer being with them for 10+ years but this is my first time on the forum.

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 about a week ago, from an iPhone 4S (I didn't like the stretched look of the iPhone 5 but that's a whole new debate there!)

Basically I have an issue which is really annoying me, I have enabled Face unlock. Quite a cool feature and also have the backup code if anyone else (my partner) want to use the phone. However I would like to "re take" the photo for face unlock as I believe I need to be in a slightly less lit room as it sometimes has difficulty when I'm outside unlocking. 

I have gone into Settings>Security>Screen Lock and am greeted with a screen that says "Confirm Pin" I type my unlock code in and it says "Sorry, try again" 

I can't for the life of me think what this code could be as I know the unlock code for the phone and believe it to be that. I have not entered any other code for the handset.

I have tried 20 maybe 30 times to try this and have also tried several codes that I often use for other things thinking I may have entered something wrong.

I have also searched google for hours trying to find anyone else with the same problem and it seems that it is only me with the issue!

Please help 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
The only way to reset a forgotten password is to do a factory reset, but back up first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, quick update. As suggested by many i'm attempting a factory reset.

I took a visit to CPW last night and they agreed with me that it must be a software glitch. They also said they had not seen the problem before and were more interested in how I was going to fix it.

CPW were suprisingly helpful and seemed fairly knowledgable. And that is coming from an electromechanical design engineer (myself)

Just doing a backup on my work computer then making the attempt!

Message 12 of 21

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Good luck

Nah nah, I said cpw would help.... lmao

Hope ur sorted
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes fair enough, you did say that ha ha.... Just let me go and eat this humble pie in peace!

Message 14 of 21

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
LoL no humble pie needed.

A lot (including yourself) don't realise they can use the on-site tech help at cpw.
I know SE Nokia and Samsung use cpw as their repair centre. Hence nice matter.ur network u can use them.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone all backed up. Just gone to factory reset (hard reset) and it required PIN Code.... LOL! This glitch won't go away....

I ended up doing the way I don't like (Switch off then on whilst holding volume up, soft key and lock key together)

God I hate that screen lol. 

Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone all restored and back to normal, took a little time but got there in the end. Apps took ages to restore!

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 149940 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Write down your PIN this time wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
In reference to your original query - there's an option to "Improve Facial Recognition" if you didn't see it already, which allows you to store more than one "face" style at a time. I have mine set with my glasses on, off, headphones on + off, even with me wearing a pink sweatband on my head!
Message 19 of 21

jonsie
  • 94349 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
In reference to your original query - there's an option to "Improve Facial Recognition" if you didn't see it already, which allows you to store more than one "face" style at a time. I have mine set with my glasses on, off, headphones on + off, even with me wearing a pink sweatband on my head!

Scary!!Smiley Very Happy

Good tip though Anonymax.

Message 20 of 21