cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 3G Issues - Works on "H" but not on "G"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I've had my phone for a while now but this hasn't bothered me until I started travelling more. My phone's 3g works fine whenever it's on an "H" connection (as shown in the status bar on the top) but it does not work at all when it's on "G". This includes Chrome, news apps, Whatsapp, etc.

Thankfully I have WiFi at home but I don't understand why at least 50% of the time when I'm outdoors I can't seem to get a 3g connection working? It's been quite annoying to be honest!

Under APNs:

o2 Mobile Web

mobile.o2.co.uk

o2 Pay Monthly MMS

wap.o2.co.uk

I'm not sure what other information I can give, but hopefully someone can offer some help!

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
G is so slow many apps time out because they don't think there is a data signal....
You could try resetting your apn (Menu >Reset from the apn screen) and also sometimes in a G only area try flipping on airplane mode and off again to reconnect to the network.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
G is so slow many apps time out because they don't think there is a data signal....
You could try resetting your apn (Menu >Reset from the apn screen) and also sometimes in a G only area try flipping on airplane mode and off again to reconnect to the network.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you thought about having your SIM card replaced.

An O2 shop will replace it for you in store or have one posted out and perform the swap my sim procedure.

If you can try your sim in an alternative sim to rule out the phone at fault.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there
I had a samsung galaxy s3 and it never opened any web pages when on G, only on H as that's how it works on this phone. Unfortunately you will only be able to browse on H or H+
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
G can update weather or text email but it takes also some time. Thats what we have in Northern Ireland normal. But end of the year is coming...
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers, will give all your suggestions a shot and report back if it changes at all.

Shame that it seems to be an all-or-nothing sort of thing!

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope things settle for you.

Take care.
Message 7 of 7